Food + drink
if you have read "the belly of Paris," Then, like me, you drooled as you devoured Emile Zola’s descriptions of the tastes, sounds and aromas of Paris’ famed Les Halles market.
His writing transports the reader to France in 1850s, where food is as much about politics as it is about the palate.
Sardines simply grilled street-side in Portugal, pork bathed in Spanish olive oil in Baeza and macaroni pie served up from a roadside cart in Barbados — these are just a few meals that have been burned in my memory. For me, food is very much the essence of any city, and I’ve published a number of articles on places to chow down in Vancouver, my home base and a true melting pot of cuisine. (Don't forget to check out my beverage articles too.)
Read some of my published articles below:
- Top 10 Picks From Vancouver Farmers Markets
- 7 Local Treats Your Kids (And You) Will Love
- 7 Indian Dishes to Try in Vancouver Besides Butter Chicken
- Top 5 EAT! Vancouver Events and Dishes
- 7 Must-Sip Wines at the Vancouver International Wine Festival
- Vancouver's 7 Best Bacon Dishes
- Vancouver’s 10 Best Neighbourhood Brunch Spots
- 7 Favourite Mexican and Latin American Restaurants in Vancouver
- 5 Lunch Spots in Vancouver's Armoury District
- 5 West End Eateries for Foodies
- 7 All-You-Can-Eat Greater Vancouver Restaurants to Feed Your Hunger